Institutional Membership (Voting)
Institutional Members of the Alberta Museums Association (AMA)
are part of a network of over 200 museums and countless
professionals who are leaders in their fields. Institutional
Membership comes with a variety of exclusive benefits.
- Admission to the Recognized Museum Program is
reserved for Institutional Members of the AMA.
- This designation unlocks a number of promotional benefits with
the AMA and can be used to leverage support for within your
Investing in Museums
- Membership is the first step in gaining access to the AMA's
Grants Program, which provides funds for core museum activities.
(Up to $49,000 per year.)
- Eligible Institutional Members can also apply for Professional
Development Grants on behalf of their employees. (Up to $10,000 per
Career Development and Networking
- The AMA's courses, symposia, speaker series, and Annual
Conference will supply you with practical skills and access to the
latest innovations in museum practice - all at a discounted
- Access the vast knowledge base in the Alberta museum community
and create strategic partnerships through AMA-organized
- The AMA's publications, website, and advisories are designed to
keep you up-to-date on trends affecting the cultural sector. The
AMA is dedicated to representing the concerns and interests of the
Alberta museum community through strategic communication with
government, stakeholders, and partners.