The Sovereign's Medal for Volunteers
The AMA, in partnership with the Canadian Museums Association
(CMA), is thrilled to introduce the Sovereign's Medal for
Volunteers to recognize the dedication and commitment of volunteers
to their communities.
An Official Canadian Honour, the Governor General of Canada's
Sovereign's Medal for Volunteers is part of
Honours System. Recipients receive a medal to recognize their
ongoing commitment to volunteerism.
The AMA and the CMA invite nominations for individuals who have
made significant and sustained contributions to Alberta's rich
culture and heritage sectors. Nominations will be reviewed by The
Chancellery of Honours and an independent advisory committee before
being recommended to the Governor General. Alberta Award recipients
will be presented with medals at AMA / WMA Conference 2017: UNITE.
If you would like more information about the Medal or details on
nomination criteria, please visit caring.gg.ca/en/faq.
Nominations close March 31, 2017.
To complete a nomination, you will need:
- Nominee name and contact information
- Nominator name and contact information
- A nomination statement (maximum 300 words), clearly describing
the volunteer's activities and accomplishments and answering the
- How do you know the candidate?
- What type of volunteer work has the candidate
- What is it about this person's volunteer work that sets him /
her apart from others doing similar work?
- How has his / her contribution improved or impacted the
- One or two letters of support for the nominee.