Psychological First Aid Webinar
Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Psychological First Aid (PFA) is an internationally recognized method of support intended to help people during and immediately after a disaster or emergency (including a pandemic). It uses a holistic, community wellness approach to help reduce levels of emotional distress for individuals, families, and communities through practical care, compassion, connection, and support from others.
PFA Virtual Care in a Pandemic training is an interactive 2.5-hour webinar adapted from the 6-hour in-person training. The training aims to share knowledge, teach skills, build confidence, and increase capacity to support people in the face of a disaster or emergency.
• Understand the timing of interventions for disasters and emergencies.
• How to utilize the PFA Action Principles in virtual environments.
• Identify and provide practical support to those in distress.
• Understand when to refer people to appropriate community supports.
• Explore self-care strategies for disaster response.
This webinar will be led by PFA Facilitators, Kelly Lambert and Heather Martens.
June 28, 2023
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. MT
Spaces are limited, so please only register if you are able to attend the full session.