Application for New Participants
What information do I need to complete the RMP
The revised RMP Application consists of ten pieces of core
evidence and five pieces of secondary supporting evidence, which
demonstrate best practice across all areas of your institution.
- Plan - Strategic or Operational
or Business (Core
- Financial Planning - Financial Statements or
Operating Budget (Core Evidence)
- Staff and Volunteer Commitments - Professional Development and
- Summary of Community Engagement (Core
- Program Evaluation
- Open to the Public - Accessibility (Core
- Collections Management Policy (Core
- Collections Management Documents
- Page from Accession Register
- Preventive Conservation - Agents of Deterioration (Core
- *NEW* Emergency and Disaster Plan
- Three Catalogue Records
- Example of Research - two examples from the past three years
- Example of Interpretation - one example from the past three
years (Core Evidence)
- Example of Exhibits - two examples from the past three years
All applicants must also confirm that senior staff or
representatives from the institution's governing authority (e.g.,
board of directors) are familiar with core AMA and Canadian Museums
Association Foundational Documents.
How do I complete the RMP Application?
The RMP Application must be completed online. The link will be
provided to you once you have submitted your Institutional
To give you a helping hand, the AMA created a workbook outlining
the Standards and Minimum Requirements for each section of the
Application. There will also be a PDF version of the questions to
help in preparing your evidence.
When is the deadline to complete the RMP Application?
The deadline for RMP Applications has now moved to
November 30, annually.
The new deadline for Draft Review is now September
15, annually. Draft Review will also be submitted
Click for larger image.