Reapplication for currently Recognized Museums
What is the RMP Reapplication?
The RMP Reapplication is the fast-track lane for currently
Recognized Museums seeking to maintain their status.
What information do I need to complete the Reapplication?
It consists of the ten pieces of core evidence to demonstrate
that a museum has maintained best practice standards since their
- Plan - Strategic or Operational
- Financial Planning - Operating Budget or
- Summary of Community Engagement
- Open to the Public - Accessibility
- Collections Management Policy
- Preventive Conservation
- *NEW* Emergency and Disaster Plan
- Example of Research - one example from the past two years
- Example of Interpretation - one example from the past two
- Example of Exhibits - one example from the past two years
All applicants must also confirm that senior staff or
representatives from the institution's governing authority (e.g.,
board of directors) are familiar with core AMA and Canadian Museums
Association Foundational Documents.
How do I complete the RMP Reapplication?
The RMP Reapplication must be completed online. The link will be
provided to you once you have submitted your Institutional
To give you a helping hand, the AMA created a workbook outlining
the Standards and Minimum Requirements for each section of the
Reapplication. There will also be a PDF version of the questions to
help in preparing your evidence.
When is the deadline to complete the RMP Reapplication?
The deadline for RMP Reapplications has now moved to
November 30, annually.
The new deadline for Draft Review is now September
15, annually. Draft Review will also be submitted
Click for larger image.